- New Cindex family to optimize survival models w.r.t. the concordance
index. Fixes #53.
- Added function varimp to extract variable importance. A dedicated
plot function exists (plot(varimp())). Code was provided by Tobias
Kuehn and Almond Stoecker. See pull request #29.
- Improved plot function for boosting models:
* plot fails earlier in case of multiple levelplots, i.e., maps
(thanks to Mikko Korpela). See pull request #39.
* Provide sensible defaults for xlab and ylab and allow
user-specified axis labels for bi- and multivariate plots.
* Export plot functions (plot.glmboost, plot.mboost, lines.mboost,
plot.varimp and plot.cvrisk) for better usability and
- Updated manual regarding the usage of families and clarified the
usage of argument qoffset.
- Updated manual for base-learners:
* Highlight that x should be centered if bols(x, intercept =
FALSE) is used.
* Discourage using bbs(, constraint != "none"); Preferably use
bmono for constrained effect estimates. Fixes #36.
- Improved vignettes (thanks to Mikko Korpela). See pull request #38.
- Solve potential problem with IPCweights(). Fixes #54.
- Drop unobserved factor levels from bols(). Fixes #47.
- Adapt btree to changes introduced in package party. Fixes #58.
- Improved cvrisk to be more robust in various use cases (thanks to
Mikko Korpela). See pull request #42.
- Be more careful regarding namespace scoping rules. Fixes #45.